Become a Member - Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and possible loan interest rebate
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order or salary deduction
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Gweedore Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area of Falcarragh, Ghaoth Dobhair, and the Rosses.
The common bond is the factor which unites all the members and know and trust each other.
You need to present 3 forms of identification to join, a Membership fee of €1.27, and a minimum of €10 is needed to open an account and keep it activated.
Three forms of identification. One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
1. Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence,ML10 Identification from the Garda
2. Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live) dated within the last six months) i.e. Original of recent Utility Bill, Original Recent Bank/Credit Card Statement, Government correspondence.
3. Evidence of your PPS number Social Services Card, Payslip, Any revenue documentation.
A nomination form is completed by member aged 16 yrs and over. This nominates a person to receive your savings and insurance benefits in the event of your death. It is one of the great attractions of credit union membership that the sum of money you leave behind can be paid to your family quickly (to a maximum of €23,000) without waiting for probate and without inheritance tax. Any member of staff will be happy to complete an Nomination form with you and to advise you on the services available.
Please note for opening a child’s accounts, the following is required:
- An account may be opened by the child or their parent/legal guardian only.
- We require a birth certificate or passport
- We require verification of the parent/Guardian’s address and photographic ID.
- We also ask for evidence of the child’s PPS number.
- Under 16’s are not required to complete a Form of Nomination.
Contact us today for more information